Darton State College Employees | Staff Council
Darton College Staff Council
A. The mission of the Council shall be:
- To provide staff a representative voice to the College President, the administration, and other College departments in matters germane to the staff.
- To provide a vehicle and channel of communication within and among staff.
- To facilitate staff in activities related to the College mission.
- To promote accomplishments of staff members to administration.
To be eligible for membership in the Council, a person must be regular, full-time, non-faculty, benefit-eligible, with a minimum of one year of full-time employment with the College at the time of election (or appointment). Representatives must be actively employed full time (not on extended leave) at Darton State College.
The governance of the staff shall be vested in a council composed of thirteen (13) elected representatives. Each representative will serve a two-year term beginning in June (after May election). Terms will end two years following the election. Elections will be held within each category listed below.
Categories & # of Representatives for ea. Category Representatives Academic Affairs 4 Fiscal Affairs 4 Student Affairs 3 Office of the President 2 Total 13
D. Staff Council Representatives (2016/17)
- President Shalonda Heard
- Vice President Christina Cooper
- Secretary/Treasurer Angela Jenkins
- Academic Affairs Christina Cooper
Kitty Del Fabbro
- Fiscal Affairs Jennifer Griffin
- Student Affairs Mandy Hamner
- Office of the President Mandy Moore
* includes advancement & athletics
The Council shall meet once a month throughout the year. Meetings will be held on the third Thursday of every month. Time and location will be announced five business days in advance. Staff Council Meetings are open to all Darton State College employees.
By-Laws, Minutes & Staff Roster can be found on SharePoint at any time.