Womenís Lacrosse Coach/Specialty Recruiter
Job Search Closed
Posted: January 25, 2013
Edited: March 04, 2013
Darton State College is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable, energetic, and organized individual for a full-time position as Womenís Lacrosse Coach/ Specialty Recruiter.
Darton State College is one of the most comprehensive and successful two year collegiate athletic and club sport programs in the southeastern United States.† The Cavaliers have won multiple NJCAA National Championships, Region Championships, Conference Championships, Academic Team of the Year honors, All American and Academic All American awards in addition to club sport awards.† Darton State College also has a history of promoting successful club sport organizations to the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
Darton State College provides state of the art facilities for athletics, recreation, fitness, and wellness including over 100,000 square feet of space consisting of Recreation Gym, Cavalier Arena, Fitness Center, Aerobics/Dance Studio, Natatorium, indoor walking track, and classrooms.† Additional outdoor facilities include Cavalier baseball complex, tennis facility, softball field, climbing tower, two soccer fields, outdoor volleyball courts, and intramural/club sport activity fields.
As a comprehensive residential state college, Darton has apartment style housing as well as a newly constructed student center offering gaming, food services, bowling alley, racquetball courts, and an indoor climbing wall, among other amenities.
Additionally Darton has more than 30 campus organizations and service clubs, 11 nationally-regarded athletic programs, and exceptional programs and facilities in art, dance, theatre and music.
Darton State College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and enrolls approximately 6,400 students.
Womenís Lacrosse Coach/Specialty Recruiter
The Head Coach is responsible for coaching and administration of the Lacrosse program. This position is also equally responsible for the specialty recruitment of prospective students to expand the quality and quantity of students participating in sport clubs and other student organizations and programs at Darton State College.
Nature of Work:
Darton State College, a unit of the University of Georgia, is seeking a professional to lead the womenís lacrosse team and recruit special interest populations of prospective students to expand sport club and other campus programsí participation and offerings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coaching and directing all aspects of the lacrosse program including but not limited to organizing and supervising all practices and games.
- Recruiting quality students for lacrosse program as well as other campus groups.
- Conduct high school visits and attend college fairs to identify prospective students.
- Conduct campus recruitment visits for potential students.
- Track and close all recruitment leads.
- Implement special recruitment programs and events.
- Budgeting and travel planning for lacrosse team.
- Commitment to and monitoring academic progress of lacrosse team members.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts and public relations for lacrosse program.
- Organize and direct successful youth camps and clinics for lacrosse.
- Provide leadership and general team management in the areas of practicing, recruiting, scouting, and skill development.
- Recommend, administer, and document appropriate disciplinary measures for lacrosse team members.
- Commitment to comply with all policies and regulations governing Darton State College, University System of Georgia, and various athletic and lacrosse governing bodies.
- Maintain athletic facility, grounds and equipment inventory.
- Develop and maintain effective interaction with students, faculty/staff, and the general public.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of lacrosse including games, practices, strength/conditioning, and recruiting.
- Knowledge and ability to ensure academic success of students.
- Knowledge and ability to properly maintain athletic facility and field.
- Computer literacy required.
- Ability to maintain administrative, fiscal and academic records, some of which are confidential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with institution officials, administrators, employees, students and the public.
- Excellent communication, organization, and customer service skills required.
- Highly creative, self-motivated, and the ability to operate independently is required.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelorís Degree required. Masterís Degree preferred.
- Prior successful lacrosse playing or coaching experience, preferably at the college level.
This position reports to the Director of Athletics.
A complete application must include:
- A letter of application
- A current resume
- Unofficial transcripts of all college work; official transcripts will be required prior to employment
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three current professional references
- Finalists will be required to submit to a background investigation
***Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Contacts: Gulma Heflin or Robbin Burriss (Staff), Beth Tison or Barbara Blackburn (Faculty)
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.