Academic Advising Mission Statement
Darton College is committed to providing accurate advising to help students identify and clarify their educational goals by providing appropriate information and planning tools to ensure individual and collective student achievement.
Goals for Academic Advising
- Clarify educational, life, and career goals
- Develop an appropriate educational plan
- Select courses for each semester
- Know campus resources, both academic and nonacademic
- Know academic policies and procedures
- The student will become a more independent decision maker and learner.
- The student will use academic and nonacademic resources on campus as needed.
- The student will make progress toward achieving his or her educational and career goals.
- The student will have a connection with at least one caring individual on campus.